Rayilyn and Rob
I couldn't agree more. Most people thing PD is just a little tremor and
maybe a little stiffness in the joints. but it is so much more. I was
diagnosed eight years ago and have done fairly well on Sinemet, but this
past year has been awful. I am no longer a free spirit going where and when
I please. I must gauge everything by my meds schedule, which means I have
three 'good' or 'on' hours between pills when I must do everything or it
won't get done until the next day. Pain? Oh yes, especially in the morning.
Cramps in the feet - I think this is called dystonia- which only lasts a
short time. I am always aware of the things I can no longer do, like
gardening, cooking anything more than a basic meal, no more  dinners for
friends,  no long walks in the woods,, no late evenings with friends
because I am ready for bed at 9.30. That's because I am awake at 5 AM. The
worst thing is that I can no longer concentrate for long periods of time to
work on my genealogy hobby, or sit and read a book for hours. It seems that
every day my world is shrinking. I hate this damn disease!!
Beryl