I have been away for a week and when I returned I encountered error
messages from the listserv for a subscriber in probably the UK (United
Kingdom). The source of the error messages is someone whose ISP was taken
over by MI8.com (EM EYE Eight). I can find no such subscriber so I can't
fix the problem. If that someone is you please advise me of your previous
subscription address.

Some subscribers do not know that Parkinsn is a text only email list and
most email programs use fancy text as the way they send most emails by
default. What that does is make those who use email programs that display
the message as sent, suseptible to viruses. We ask you to set your email
program to send unencoded text only.

By default, subscribers do not receive notification when the listserv
distributes their own message. Some of you send test messages to the list
when in doubt that your messages are received. I use the method that the
listserv sends me a one line acknowledgement message when my messages have
been distributed to the list. The term for this is ACK and I sent a message to:

mailto:[log in to unmask]

Click on the underlined address above to create a mail management message
to the listserv.

In the body of the message put:

set parkinsn ack

You will receive a message that your email settings have been updated in a
while.

 From then on when you post a message to Parkinsn, you will be advised when
it is distributed. The number of people you see referenced are just the
number that receive their messages as they are received and does not
include those who receive digest form of mail delivery since their digest
has not been sent yet.

Automated email management for Parkinsn  as well as the last 500 email
messages distributed by the listserv is available at:

http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/maillist.html

Your Parkinsn list management is pleased by the loving, caring, tone of
your discourse with one another...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

John Cottingham
Parkinsn co-owner