        From:   Ivan M Suzman [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
        Sent:   Saturday, June 09, 2001 11:36 AM
        To:     [log in to unmask]
        Subject:        Peter Flintermann, Lynn Phillips and the PD virus

         Ivan Suzman        51/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
         Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           76 sun-filled deg.
        :-)

        Friends,

          It is a splendid June day in Maine.

          I am stirred to urge that we all work closely, and more committed
        than ever,  to become a truly nurturing Parkinson's community.

          In the aftermath of the passing of Camilla's husband, Peter, and
of my
        dear
        friend, young-onset PD activist Lynn Phillips of  Mississippi.
        and in light of my February and March hospitalizations, and 28-pound
drop
        to 131
        pounds , although mercifully I am back up to 155, I am again
        humbled, and in awe of the courage of those who care for those who
live
        with PD.

          I believe that VIROLOGiCAL  RESEARCH and the discovery of a
Parknson's
        virus, disguised as a common cold, or " flu bug", may hold our
elusive
        key to the quest for the cure
        for PD.

        Ivan Suzman