My very treasured friends--

These past few days since Peter's death I've been overwhelmed with
kindness, both "virtual" on the lists and hands-on at home.  I wish it were
possible to reply personally to each and every one of you, but the 137
posts which have arrived so far make that  impossible, so I again ask your
forgiveness for a "group thank you"......

It has been so humbling and special to hear from so many of you how my
accounts of Peter's struggle with PD helped and inspired you.  I know that
would make him very happy.  Though he was a very private person, he
accepted my sharing things with you because he hoped it would help others.
The fact that so many wonderful folks we will never meet in person feel
they know us, and feel our connection with the PD and CARE "families" is
most rewarding.  We struggle with  this disease together, PWPs and CGs, and
caring professionals, and  come to realize the truth of John Donne's words,
"No man is an island......."  :  what hurts or helps one of us affects us
all.

From our experience in following Peter's wishes for a death which  he
controlled (by refusing nourishment at the end)  I would remind us all
again how very important it is for families to share their feelings about
end-of-life issues.  The fact that  my daughters and I were very clear as
to Peter's  wishes has helped us so much in recent weeks.  His openness and
courage were truly a blessing, and knowing that he exercised the only
control remaining to him at the end is comforting.

I have saved your messages to share with the family and friends who will be
at the memorial service on June 28th.  We all thank you for your loving
support.

Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH

           on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html
                   and also at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.html

          And visit the CARE webring at http://www.pdcaregiver.org