Wednesday June 06 03:00 AM EDT
Michael J. Fox Wrapping Autobiographical 'Lucky Man'
By Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith
Michael J. Fox reports his upcoming book, "Lucky Man," will be
"done by Labor Day and published in January."

The actor reveals "Lucky Man" will be about why the Parkinson's
Disease from which he suffers, "is not a struggle and why I feel
that way."

Fox, who attended the weekend's star-studded premiere of Disney's
"Atlantis: The Lost Empire," in which he provides the voice of lead
character Milo Thatch, adds that "in many ways, the illness has
been a blessing to me. It got me out of my own show-biz garbage
and really made me realize there are bigger things in life. And it's
really gotten me involved in areas of my life I wouldn't have gotten
involved in."

He notes that dealing with the reality of Parkinson's has also
"given me an opportunity to kind of go through my life and
pinpoint all the people who've really meant a lot to me and done
a lot for me -- my family, my mother, my father, my grandmother,
my wife, my kids, the people I've worked with ... it's been nice
for that."

Fox, whose wife Tracy Pollan is expecting their fourth child, looked
the picture of health as he faced the media gauntlet at the premiere.
He says his current condition is "fine. I feel good." He does say it's
easier now that he doesn't have the stress of doing "Spin City" 26
episodes a year. "It's not so much everyone else's schedule having
to get in sync with mine. Now, I just kind of wake up and set my
own schedule. It's great."

Fox eschewed the "Atlantis" premiere after-party, but there were
still plenty of celebs -- including Melissa Joan Hart, Jamie Foxx,
Jane Seymour, Rachael Leigh Cook, David Hasselhoff and Diane
Warren -- on hand to play LazerTag and computer games with
the tots they had in tow at the funhouse adjoining Disney's
El Capitan Theater in Hollywood.

The film opens in New York and Los Angeles this Friday, then
goes wide June 15.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ipbs/20010606/cm/