>  The actor reveals "Lucky Man" will be about why the Parkinson's
> Disease from which he suffers, "is not a struggle and why I feel
> that way."      Fox, adds that "in many ways, the illness has
> been a blessing to me. It got me out of my own show-biz garbage
> and really made me realize there are bigger things in life. And
it's........"     He notes that dealing with the reality of Parkinson's has
also
> "given me an opportunity to kind of go through my life and
> pinpoint all the people who've really meant a lot to me and done
> a lot for me ................. it's been nice for that."

Don't get me wrong, I've always loved Michael J. Fox and I think he's doing
a great job.....and I do understand when he says  that PD provides a
"blessing" and an "opportunity" for the reasons he mentions; I understand
that because of what's happened in my life...BUT  when I read that he says
PD is "not a struggle", I don't understand....what am I doing every day (I
even had to leave work it was such a struggle).......(I know I need to read
the book but not everyone will) ...as I struggle every day and I get really
concerned because it worries  me...maybe because I've been up most of the
night with PD or maybe because I'm afraid that non-PD people will think that
PD isn't all that bad and that research funds/cure won't be important to
those who can do something about it...does the public really know or did
they forget  that Michael's had brain surgery and that he's on medication
24/7, has the care he needs, does the public remember he has the money to
have the surgery/medications/care that most of us don't.........and for
these reasons  he can function normally for the most part ....that he also
needs his rest because of PD fatigue with sleeping being a problem....does
the general public remember seeing  him at the hearings with Joan and Arlen
Specter when he was in an "off period" with dysk., sure they saw him but do
they remember Michael moving and jerking like he did.....what are we going
to do to remind them....  I have people close to me who still can't
comprehend the fact that I can be doing so well and then an half-hour later
doing so badly....it's hard for them to understand my movements (or lack of
movement) and I see them daily.....we need to let others know that PD is a
terrible disease, that we need to have the research funds available for the
cure because it is such a debilitating disease and we need all help we can
get...and most of us are struggling...daily....Good luck, Michael,and I
can't wait to read your book.
I'll probably be sorry I wrote this later today but at this point in time
(four a.m.) it's okay.   Have a good day..........Joan Hartman