From: "dgrisham" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 11:55 AM
Subject: An Introduction and question

> Good Morning All,
>
> Please allow me to introduce myself and my family; Donald Grisham (age
47), wife Dawn (44), 3 children (college, high school, middle school),
living in San Diego, California. I am the IT Director for a hotel company.
My diagnosis of Parkinsons was just recently made in April.

> The impression from our searches for information on the "typical"
progression of Parkinsons is listed below. We would appreciate any comments
on its accuracy - or lack thereof.

> "For the first 3 to 7 years, the medications are very effective, the
condition is manageable, and you are able to maintain your lifestyle.

> After this initial period of treatment, the medications become less
effective, the dosage frequencies and side effects more intrusive, and the
debilitating aspects of Parkinsons begin to assert themselves."

> If this information is in the archives, my apologies, we just got here. If
you wish to respond to us directly, our Email address is [log in to unmask]

> Thank you,
> Donald Grisham

mailto:[log in to unmask]