what is Jonagold juice ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marla Gillham" <[log in to unmask]>;
To: <[log in to unmask]>; <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 12:33 PM
Subject: PD progression

Hi Don.

I'm a biologist, and have had PD for 8 years.  My understanding is that very
little is "typical".  My own condition went undiagnosed for 5  years because
even docs at major medical institutions did not "see" it.  I had every
symptom in the book.  My suggestion to you is to keep a symptom journal,
learn all you can, and decide what you believe is best for you after
discussing options with the best neurologist you can find.  Very little is
really "known".

The following are certainly incomplete, but:

A few things are known:    the less levodopa you take, the better;
                                      antioxidants are neuroprotective;
                                      a diet high in carbos and low in
protein (7:1 ratio) is advised if you take levodopa;
                                      proteins are best eaten at night if
taking levodopa;
                                      exercise is critical;
                                      stress is your greatest foe.

You can take megadoses of vit. C & E, but the best antioxidants are those
found in fresh foods.  Organic Jonagold juice has the highest concentration
of complex bioflavinoids, kale is next, red/orange fruits & vegetables and
veggies of the cabbage family are best.  Fresh fruits and veggies!  Eat lots
and you will never have the constipation problems many experience.

Take care.

Marla L. Gillham
PO Box 343
Yachats, OR   97498-0343