------Original Message------
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: June 8, 2001 2:12:20 PM GMT
Subject: STEM CELL ALERT:  NEW PHONE NUMBER TO CALL

MANY OF YOU HAVE CALLED US TO SAY THAT THE VOICEMAIL FOR THE PHONE NUMBER IN THE ALERT BELOW IS FULL.  PLEASE CALL THE WHITE HOUSE COMMENT LINE AT 202-456-1111 IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THROUGH.

Thank you.  Your efforts so far may be having an impact.  Please call now.

Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URGENT! IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED!

CALL THE WHITE HOUSE IMMEDIATELY; Presidential Decision on Stem Cell Research Expected AS EARLY AS FRIDAY AFTERNOON!

The Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research (CAMR) has learned that the Bush Administration may announce as early as Friday, June 8 or Monday, June 11 a decision on whether federal funding will be available for research on stem cells that are derived from fertilized eggs.  We do not know what the details of this announcement may be, but we believe that the decision may be negative.

Many of you have already called the White House on this issue, but we need you to take action again.  We need EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU to call the White House AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to register your support for research on stem cells that come from fertilized eggs.

Following are talking points for your calls:

1.      Call the White House Office of Public Liaison at 202-456-2380.
2.      Explain (or leave a message) that you support research involving stem cells that are derived from fertilized eggs.
3.      State that you have learned that President Bush is considering banning this research and that you want to urge him to support it because it could be critical to curing diseases and conditions like Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, spinal cord injury, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, ALS, and many others.
4.      Explain that 70-percent of all Americans support this research, including a majority of Catholics, Fundamentalist Christians, and pro-life individuals.
5.      Be sure to leave your name and address.

PLEASE TAKE ACTION AND MAKE THIS PHONE CALL.  WE NEED TO DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO EXPLAIN TO THE PRESIDENT WHY IT IS SO CRITICAL THAT THIS RESEARCH MOVE FORWARD.

For additional information on stem cell research, see http://www.stemcellfunding.org/

Thanks for your immediate help on this very important matter, and please forward this message to your friends and loved ones.