Good Morning All,

Please allow me to introduce myself and my family; Donald Grisham (age 47), wife Dawn (44), 3 children (college, high school, middle school), living in San Diego, California. I am the IT Director for a hotel company. My diagnosis of Parkinsons was just recently made in April.

The impression from our searches for information on the "typical" progression of Parkinsons is listed below. We would appreciate any comments on its accuracy - or lack thereof.

"For the first 3 to 7 years, the medications are very effective, the condition is manageable, and you are able to maintain your lifestyle.

After this initial period of treatment, the medications become less effective, the dosage frequencies and side effects more intrusive, and the debilitating aspects of Parkinsons begin to assert themselves."

If this information is in the archives, my apologies, we just got here. If you wish to respond to us directly, our Email address is [log in to unmask]

Thank you,
Donald Grisham