cross-posted from the mgh webforums

hi all

i have re-posted the whole of joan's acceptance speech in re the Sidney
Dorros Memorial Award under a separate topic name, since the original text
of joan's speech seems to have been lost in the shuffle of the recent
kerfuffle. since i have also cross-posted it to the pd listserv and to my
newsletter, it will also live on in the associated archives. not to mention
the upcoming updates to both joan snyder's website and donna dorros' website.

denial is just that - denial.

don't want to know; don't want to listen; i don't believe what you are
saying; you are wrong; i am right; you are stupid; shutup; leave me alone;
you have no right to say what you are saying; etc etc.

it is a self defence mechanism which we use to protect ourselves from the
pain of awareness or understanding which we are not yet ready to deal with.

it is a reflection of the state of mind of the person person expressing the
denial

it has nothing to do with the person or idea being denied

the person or idea being denied did not 'cause' the re-action

we are not responsible for the way others treat us; we are only responsible
for the way we treat others - paraphrased from Rose Lane

when our siblings deny us, we have been told to turn the other cheek.

how many times? seven times seven times seven

vengeance and retribution and the judgment involved in same are not for us
- we have other tasks to complete while we are here

and that is the energiser bunny's stated mission and ministry and mine as well

with love

janet

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky .
pd: 54/41/37 cd: 54/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask] .
snail mail: 375 Country Street, Apt 301, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0 .