Janet wrote re  Joan B. Snyder's  acceptance speech in re the Sidney
> Dorros Memorial  award and the comments she received from the visit to the
Dumpster Gang site.....

Janet...thx for the explanation and putting those nasty comments Joan B.
Snyder  received in another perspective for me ....because it really angered
me to hear the comments made to  Joan who is so deserving of all she has
attained. ...... as you paraphrased from Rose Lane:  we are not responsible
for the way others treat us; we are only responsible for the way we treat
others.....which to me means  no matter what you have, you still have to act
like an adult  and they did not.   Joan  works hard and has a great attitude
and I feel I know her because of all she stands for....and I do NEED to know
someone like her...especially when I was first diagnosed....I couldn't
believe her outlook on life.       She is an amazing person and  a great
role model for us.   And, I loved the way she closed her email post...."Now,
I can't wait to have the time to get back to the chatroom with my message of
hope and redemption." But, what would you expect from someone who uses
Sidney Dorros' favorite
phrase: "To accommodate but never surrender!" and signs her postings with:
"Hang tough............no way through it but to do it." from
Chris-in-the-Morning  (Northern Exposure).....we all can learn alot from
Joan B. Snyder.
Joan Hartman