Hello Murray:

Re: Are "germ" cells same as stem cells??

 No, and yes.
 Germ cells are the stem cell precursors to the gonads.
 They are stem cells on a mission, ready to differentiate.
 They occur early in embryonic development.

 Changes to germ cells will affect future generations,
 which makes them important. All other changes to "somatic" cells,
 will not be passed to future generations.

 I'm not sure what Geron  is going to do with human embryonic germ cells.

 Ray

--

                                 Ray Strand
                             Prairie Sky Design