Janet, Voltaire, who you quote, is my favorite philisophe (yes, it's spelled
right, he was not a philosopher per se, you no doubt know)

Also, yes, it is hard to remember  to chose kind words.  I always did as a
teacher who encouraged lively debate in my Advanced Placement History
classes.  Guess I miss it.

But now that I am free, I tend to shoot from the  lip too often.  However,
as in teaching, you somehow have to "get their attention".  I vow (after a
shy and quiet childhood a long time ago) to just shut up, but it keeps
happening.  I guess I'll have to risk disagreement.

Your postings are always gentle, kind, and comforting.  I appreciate your
views and your creation of this great site.

All the best to you.  Rayilyn