the varilux lenses did not work for me.  i'm very prone to motion sickness.  these lenses caused a lot of nausea.  also, i couldn't read correctly.  they require you to move your head around to find the 'sweet spot'.  i couldn't just move my eyes.  i'm much happier with my bifocals.  varilux are great for some - just not for me.

sami