To change an error on a chart one must draw a straight line
through it so that it can still be read. Then initial then
initial that line and put their name or initials there.
when I was 20 I had a spinal fusion and when I went back to
work the resident asked me to finish my chart. When I looked
at it , someone had sent me to the "old veteran's home "  I
thought of forging the residents and of  course could not. I
just decided that was as good a place as any to go. Even
when mistakes are noted ( this one was harmless ) it is
frequently easier to leave - always easier to leave it. Nita
Andres