I personally cannot see the reasons for not permitting the occasional
attachment, decent looking fonts, etc.  It seems to me that there were
3 reasons for not permitting them:   1)  The virus problem.  It also seems
me that if there is anyone on this List who does not now have good virus
protection software, updateable periodically, what with what went on here
with virus's - well , I am not going to say they deserve what they get,
but I'm athinkin' it.  2.)The too-big-files-sent-out issue.   I believe the
ownership - the previous ownership - installed some software that would
prevent, not all attached files, but just the too big ones from being sent
out for down loading. & 3) there was a concern that a percentage of the List
membership cannot afford to buy an up-to-date computer capable of handling
attachments, fonts, etc.  Prices of PC's have come down 36% on average, I
read
last week, in the past 12 months.  If you don't mind using your old monitor,
you can get a new Dell [the Lexus of PC's] with a 1.0 GHz  Pentium III
processor, 128 MB of RAM, a 20.0 GB harddrive [these are big & powerful
numbers], + MS software, a video card, sound card, 48x CD-ROM, speakers,
modem, a six month free AOL membership, Digital Imaging Software, & Norton
antivirus - all for $614 - no sales tax, no shipping charge!!  A monitor is
$100.  None of this is good news for the NASDAQ,  but it is for us.
I'm not planning a palace coop or anything, so please don't send out the
dogs.  I would just like to see someone refute my argument
Thanks,
BBA