HIi Diane,

First of all, I wish you keep on the way of improving your former situation.
I will have a similar surgery on June 29th.Because of that, I'm very interested
in all kind of details. Basically the goal is the same, to implant two
electrodes in the Subthalamic Nucleus, a structure no longer of 6mm at both
sides of the body.

I find amazing some procedure's differences:

1.-You had the first side done about two months ago and the second just last
week.
I'll have both sides in one day and two days after, the placing of definitive
batteries or stimulators.

2.- You had to wait 2 months to have the stimulators on
I'll have them on since next day after first surgery.  (provissionally )

I'm  50 years old,PD diagnosed 1979. My main problem is sudden, hard
fluctuations on-off. I know than every one of us is a singular case but I see
such a strong different criteria about how to do it   than either one team is
too risky or the other too conservative.

Are not statistics available about these particular points and about the general
results of every team and a sistematic monitoring on the variations of symptoms
trough months and years.?  I feel that every surgery team should have at
disposal of every potential "client" its results in a standard and
understandable form. If possible done by an independent qualified medical team.
If this is a normal procedure with money, Why not with our lives?

Another topic "wonders" me, in the last times. the two stimulators settled in
the supraclavicular hole -almost invisible and well protected by the body, have
been changed. A single paralepipedical squared edges item as a cigarettes box.
like, placed under the skin in the stomach area. Can anybody tell me why? Does
the people wear no trousers anymore? ¿Won't they not sit beside a table never
again, won't they no practice exercise anymore, or even, won't they do it ... ?
If is there a good reason for so doing, couldn't it be possible shape the
stimulators in a ergonomic way ?. People I see is not paralelipedical. I simply
can't understand why ? If not anyone knows  how to design such an expensive
device, I can do it (as an architect I've dealed witn much more complicated
ones). There are some other points but it's enough for today. Sorry, Diane, how
many and where are yours stimulators? What do you think about?  I'm speculating
while you wear it. I apologize for that.

You wrote:" If anyone would like any other information, please contact me.  I
will be
> happy to tell you whatever I can."

Thank you  very much Diane!!, So will I. (If....possible).

antonio cortina from barcelona, spain.