Date sent:              Wed, 27 Jun 2001 07:38:35 -0700
Send reply to:          "Mario A. Gonzalez" <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   "Mario A. Gonzalez" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Prunes etc
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> I don't know about those, but, have you tried pears?

Another highly laxative fruit is the guava (fresh is best).  The
availability in the "lower 48" might be limited, but I'd guess that the
guava juice (available canned) would do the same.

I found out (about the laxative characteristics) on a trip to Hawaii a
few years ago when we found a guava orchard and picked some to
eat.  It was very interesting!  :-)

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"