Reasons why federal funding is needed:

1.  The vast resources of the NIH and university researchers can be
involved.  This will bring new treatments more quickly.

2.  The funded research will be done according to NIH guidelines and
subject to peer review.

3.  Funded research results will be published and shared.  Private
research can be a corporate secret.

4.  There is a compelling public interest in curing diseases.

Phil Tompkins