Folks,

Whenever I find a new assistive device that I think might help someone
I bring it to the list for viewing. Well today I found a Commode Chair
that has a lift that utilizes your body weight to help raise and lower you...
pretty clever and saves your helper's back. Any one of us might need to
know about equipment like this for ourselves or for others....take a look.

http://www.backbraces.com/bathroom02.html

....about halfway down the page reads:
"Introducing the new Lift Assist™ Commode Chair. This patented and
exclusive mechanical lift design easily raises the user to their feet. By
simply transferring weight to footplate the back of the seat is raised,
allowing the user to stand up. Reverse this action to sit in the chair. An
attendant can raise the user up by stepping on the footplate. Proper use
can help reduce the risk of back injury to the attendant."

[...And of course as always...I gain in no financial way.]

Hugs, Gail