Victoria Littman just wrote to ask how to set her subscription so that
she wouldn't get mail while away (and thus so that her "out of office"
message wouldn't get posted to CASLL or sent to others posting to the
list).  She -- like most people -- hadn't kept the instructions sent
with the original subscription, or in the letter I sent round a while
ago.  I thought, there has to be an easier way for people to do this
than file carefully all those apparently meaningless messages.  I came
up with one -- which will probably be useful for any LISTSERV list you
belong to.

It's this.  To make _any_ changes to your subscription, including
temporarily suspending mail, just put "CASLL" into any good search
engine (Google and alltheweb.com are pretty good, but I think almost
anything will work).  Near the top of the list of hits will be the CASLL
list archive home page, from which there are very clear instructions for
altering your subscription.

Interestingly, putting "Inkshed" into a search engine isn't nearly as
efficient, because there are at least two other Inksheds in the world.
Or, at least, on the Web.

                                   -- Russ
                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_   Department of English
St. Thomas University      )_ __)_|_)__ __)  PHONE: (506) 452-0424
Fredericton, New Brunswick   |  )____) |       FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          ___|____|____|____/    [log in to unmask]
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.StThomasU.ca/~hunt/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~