Hello out there:  This is my first e-mail to this address. I have had PD for minimum of 2 years (who is knowing when it really started?)  So far the only med. I've usesd is Maripex, 2 mgs. 3 tmes per day..  I was doing pretty well until one morning a few weeks ago I cooldn't get out of bed due to my knee paining to use it.  Since then I've had much stiffness  iin my legs all of the time... worse some days  aloong with poor balance...can barely get out of a car or a soft deep couch ...my hand writing forget it....even writing on word processor is fujll of mistakes so this letter is taking me too long to go back over each word  ...salive runs pours from the right corner of my mouth ...short term memory is GONE!

Have any of you started taking sinemet along with mirapex , & if so, what dosage did they start you with?  If it helped you..in what way?   Were you then feeling as tho you had no PD? or just somewhat better?

That's enough questions for today, except do you think exercises helps your condition?   later on---  Donwallace

----Original Message Follows----
From: yen dinh <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: my dad's condition
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:53:18 -0400
Hello everybody,
My dad has PD for 6 years. Recently, he felt down and broke his leg. He's
been in his bed for nearly a month now. He's been shaking up a lot and in an
on/off of conciousness stage. He can hardly sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Most
of the time he is lying down. He feels really tired. I want to ask if
anybody has been in this situation and what did you do to improve it? Any
suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Yen