Wow, Marla Gillham, just read your post about what the list should be. I
don't agree but found your writing very spirited. As for exchanging
information and not chat, I've been hanging around the parkinsn listserv for
a while now and gotta ask: How many "informational" posts on the stem-cell
controversy can we really stand, let along read? It's the sometimes chatty,
sometimes confessional, sometimes angry posts that reflect our humanness
that make the list click. This includes your message. I hope you're doing
okay and get some good feedback. As you have probably gathered, the issue of
what the list should be has come up in the past, on a fairly regular basis.
I personally don't believe there's any "should", aside from asking that
listmembers who post messages employ basic civility and mutual respect for
one another's good intentions. For the most part, that happens.
Take care,
Rick Hermann
50 years old, dx at 47