hi all

as a former co-owner of this listserv
may i suggest that our opinions as to which topics
are 'useful' or 'informative' or 'inconsequential'
may change with our moods and our circumstances

change for the sake of change is unproductive busy-ness
change due to learning and growth is productive and sometimes scary work

one of the consequences of joining this list is becoming part of
an existing and constantly evolving on-line community
of two thousand subscriptions representing
who knows how many individuals and/or 'list-exploders'

this unique, not to say unprecedented, service to the pd cyber world
was created in november 1993
and has been maintained continually since then
through the immeasureable generosity of list-founder barbara patterson,
not to mention the free use of
the best commercial e-mail list software program on the market,
and the free (count'em!)
free multi-megabytes of computer space for storing and indexing
every message posted by every listmember, past and present,
since november 1993
(don't even try to count'em!)
at the university of toronto, in ontario, in canada
(please note current monetary exchange rates for the cdn dollar)

anyone posting anything here
is making an effort to communicate in some way at some level
and that is the primary purpose of any e-mail group

in principle
as responsible and voluntary (nobody twisted my arm to join)
members of this community (or any e-mail list group for that matter),
it is not for us to judge what is given here
(or anywhere, in fact, but that's another soapbox),
but
it is our prerogative and free choice to assess what we get here

i suggest that changing our focal lenses
from picking out what we don't like about xyz-list
to picking out what we do like about xyz-list
might just cause some of the 'unnecessary'
posts
to change their
spots

we may not get want we want
but we always get what we need

janet

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky .
pd: 54/41/37 cd: 54/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask] .
snail mail: 375 Country Street, Apt 301, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0 .