Good suggestions, Kathleen--in fact they have been made many times--we seem
to recycle this debate every few months!  Some of these points are covered
well in the list Guidelines, which I think are sent to everyone who joins.
I hope John or Barbara will post them again, as someone suggested.

In addition to the things Kathleen suggested I would hope we could also:
1. respect each enough  to avoid angry retorts--no flaming allowed
2. send personal notes ONLY to the person addressed--not the whole list--
3. delete long headers when forwarding a piece that has been sent to many
others--
4. check the urban legend/hoax sites (http://www.urbanlegends.about.com is
a good one) before forwarding any posts that   scream "Send this to
everyone you know!!"

We are a large and varied collection of folks here, and yet we are all
fighting PD one way or another--let's not also fight each other !

>Hello,
>
>I have two simple suggestions for posters to make list mail management
>easier.
>
>One: type in a subject heading that clearly states what the subject is.
>Through many replies, the original subject can be left behind, and as a
>subject goes on, and on, and on, many list members may have no idea what the
>original post was about anyway.
>
>Two: include a quote or a reference in email text that will clue everyone in.
>For example, a cryptic post like "I liked that doctor too," with no hint as
>to the identity of said physician, leaves a lot of people wondering: What
>doctor?
>
>I'm a newcomer and I really appreciate having access to this forum.
>
>Kathleen

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH
        on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

                        We agree to differ...
                                we resolve to love...
                                                   we  unite to serve.