At 18:25 2001/07/13 EDT, Paul Lauer wrote:
>would someone please explain what the rationale is for posting this message
>to the list? If the rationale is "anybody can post whatever they want with
>impunity" then the list owners need to step in. It is obvious from John
>Cottingham's recent post that there is content which crosses the line and
>which the list owners are prepared to do something about because it wastes
>time and space. Perhaps a reiteration of that content is in order. And if
>that content is a moving target, perhaps an explanation of how to understand
>what content is proper and what isn't. And please do not play the "use the
>delete button" song again. Why write something if the follow on instruction
>is to delete it and in fact, more people than not, are.
>
>Paul H. Lauer

hi paul

since i posted the review
i guess i'm the "someone" you are asking for.

i have heard of too many people with parkinson's disease
who have committed suicide

suicide and attampted suicide
(the ratio is 20 "unsuccessful" / per each "successful" attempt)
is a tragic and needless result of clinical depression
which is a totally curable mood disorder
but is (also tragically) undiagnosed 80% of the time
and which occurs in anywhere between 40% and 60%
of all people with parkinson's disease

i know both
the mood disorder, clinical depression, (cd)
and the movement disorder, parkinson's disease, (pd)
on a personal basis

in my humble opinion
cd is the more debilitating

why should we suffer with something that is curable
when we already are dealing with something incurable

"wasting time and space" is one person's opinion
there are 1900 other opinions here as well

i have received frequent compliments and requests for re-posting
my news and medical articles about clinical depression

how is your conclusion "more people than not" arrived at?

a delete key is an essential piece of equipment on all e-mail lists
imho

if frequent complaints about types of postings
intimidate listmembers who might otherwise post their concerns
how then is this list to survive at all?

if there are subjects
which you feel are not being covered 'correctly' here
why not post some articles yourself?

why not turn your energies to fighting for pd awareness
and understanding rather than censorship?

someone once said
if we are not part of the solution
then we are part of the problem

janet

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky .
pd: 54/41/37 cd: 54/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask] .
snail mail: 375 Country Street, Apt 301, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0 .