Below is a letter that was sent to President Bush from 39 Republican
members of Congress to President Bush, urging him to allow federal funding
of embryonic stem cell research. Please read this letter and if you
representative signed this letter, call to thank them for there support.
Please visit ou website for sample letters on this issue
www.parkinsonsaction.org.

Please forward this on to family and friends and urge them to call Congress
next week and weigh in on this extremely important issue!  Thanks for all
your help and support!!

Laura Eckart
Parkinson's Action Network
300 North Lee St., Suite 500
Alexandria, VA  22314
1-800-850-4726
[log in to unmask], www.parkinsonsaction.org

EVERYONE,

WE HAVE LEARNED THAT REP. JENNIFER DUNN (R-WA) IS CIRCULATING A HOUSE
REPUBLICAN SIGN ON LETTER TO PRESIDENT BUSH SEEKING HIS SUPPORT FOR FEDERAL
FUNDING FOR STEM CELL RESEARCH.  THE LETTER IS ATTACHED.  IMMEDIATELY BELOW
IS A LIST OF MEMBERS THAT HAVE ALREADY SIGNED.  BELOW THAT IS A LIST OF
MEMBERS THAT WE THINK IS A GOOD TARGET LIST. PLEASE CONTACT THESE OFFICES
AND HAVE YOUR GRASSROOTS DO THE SAME TO URGE THEM TO SIGN THE DUNN STEM CELL
RESEARCH LETTER.  IF MEMBERS WISH TO SIGN, THEY SHOULD CONTACT VIRGIL IN
REP. DUNN'S OFFICE.

With Sen. Hatch's statement and all of the recent press, CAMR is building
strong momentum toward our goal.  We need to keep it going by getting as
many GOP members as possible on the Dunn letter.  Many thanks.

Signed the Letter Already:

Dunn, Nethercutt, Castle, Kirk, Bass, Simmions, Gilman, Nancy Johnson,
Pryce, Granger, Gilchrest, Houghton, Frelinghuysen, Shaw, Shay, Roukema,
Kolbe, Cooksey, Kelly, Greenwood, Boehlert, Jerry Lewis.

Target List:

cunningham
callahan
morella
fossellan
scarborough
bill thomas
dan miller
bonilla
richard burr
dave dreier
mark foley
greg ganske
porter goss
hobson
peterson
skeen
bill young
Mary Bono

The Honorable George W. Bush
President of the United States
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C.  20500

Dear President Bush:

        We are writing to ask you to support the current policy of allowing
federal funding of embryonic stem cell research.  We believe that funding
embryonic stem cell research will help scientists find new treatments for
chronic diseases and will, ultimately, save lives.

        We know that there is great pressure from some to change the current
policy.  But we truly believe that such a change would not be in the
interests of the health and welfare of the people we represent.  For their
sake, we have worked to do all we can to advance scientific knowledge and
encourage development of new treatments for chronic illnesses such as
Alzheimer's disease, juvenile diabetes, and Parkinson's disease.  In the
case of juvenile diabetes, many children stand to benefit if embryonic stem
cell research leads to the development of new, insulin-producing cells.

As you are well aware, support of embryonic stem cell research crosses
political parties and philosophical views on abortion.  For many families
with loved ones suffering from chronic diseases, this is a matter of life or
death.  We know that with effective safeguards, we can help millions of
people while ensuring proper oversight on the use of embryonic stem cells.

We also believe that, at best, it is too early to determine the promising
advancement that embryonic stem cells can provide compared to adult stem
cells.  Scientists cannot predict which fundamental investigations will
result in new applications that will benefit humans.  But for that very
reason, limiting the ability of scientists to investigate embryonic stem
cells now could hinder our ability to help people in the future.

We know you are giving this matter serious thought.  We ask that you support
the existing policy of providing federal funds for embryonic stem cell
research.  If we can be helpful to you as you consider your choices, please
know you can call on us.