>    Subject: Ecstasy for Parkinsons?
>    From: "Peyton, Ronald" <[log in to unmask]>
>    Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:40:04 -0500

Is anyone aware of any studies done on claimed benefits of ecstasy for
parkinsons?  I have an acquaintance whose pd tremors are worse than mine,
and he claims while under ecstasy's influence, his tremors cease.  He does
not take ecstasy for the "high" as he is no longer to obtain a high from the
drug due to the lack of dopamine receptors he has thanks to pd.  He does
ecstasy when he is in a social environment and wants his tremors under
control and claims it works better than any of the other drugs he takes
(primarily sinemet).   Does anyone know of anything credible along this line
other than just individual claims?  Thanks.
Ron