On 13 Jul 2001, at 22:07, janet paterson wrote:

> camiila
>
> off - sorry
> it is sstill a myestery to me as to how these thinngs go to the posters
> and ntoto the list
>
> also, nno one need get upset - why assume they will?
>
> the frontier is a learnig experience for us all
>
> janet

Hi jp,
Autoresponders are software programs that can reply to different
sources - you can have them reply to either the from, return-path
or reply-to headers of incoming email or to the 1st or 2nd email ID
in the body of the email.

Depending on the configuration, an incoming e-mail will trigger
an automatic "answer" to the "individual" that posted the message,
even though a LISTSERV acts as an intermediary....

Type PromaSoft in Google... (I b'lieve they have a freeware
autoresponder you can download 'n play with...)

All the best ....... murray