Dear friends,

For some of you who were around two+ years ago, I will re-introduce myself.
For others who are relatively new to the list, mine is a new name.
About 12 1/2 years ago, I attemped suicide by CO poisoning. I ended up with
bi-lateral lesions to both internal and external GP. The resulting disability
was similar to P.D. in that I exhibited some of the classic symptoms:
rigidity, bradykinesia, dystonia, balance problems, and speech impairments.
However, the one thing I lack is tremor.
I came back to the list to discuss recent developments in treating
neurological disorders in general, and Parkinson's to be more specific. I am
especially interested in the clinical trials being done on P.D. patients with
the neuroimmunophilin ligands compound manufactured by Amgen.
Is anyone on the list taking part in the trials, and if so, what, if any,
positive results have you seen so far? Has anyone heard anything on phase II?

Jacob M. Drollinger Jr. 30 years old/diagnosed 12 years ago.