I am replying to Rayilyn's message concerning her difficulty typing because
of micrographia and another expressing no hope.

One of my early symptoms was micrographia. I could barely write and what I
wrote
 was not legible to anyone but me. Sinemet helped somewhat as did Requip. But
somehow, over the last few months, the symptom has eased to the extent that I
am almost writing normally. I say somehow as if by magic but I think not,
especially since I am off Sinemet altogether (fodder for another post if
anyone is interested). The joker in the deck is my participation in the GM1
Ganglioside study which those who don't delete PD messages already know
about. I am just completing my first anniversary in the study and therefore
have had the actual drug guaranteed for at least 6 months. The first six
months were blind so I don't know whether I was getting drug or placebo
during that period. The point of the foregoing is that unless I am self
curing, the study medication is the likely source of the improvement in my
ability to write. If it isn't, so be it, I'll take the result in whatever
package it's wrapped. so there is hope and there are ways to be proactive
about dealing with the progress of the disease and attacking it rather than
hanging around and waiting for it to take its next course. I'm not an MD, but
I've learned a fair amount in my time with the disease and my time on the
list. I'd be glad to give help to any quarter if asked. It's part of why I
object so strenuously to the non PD messages. I get my non PD satisfaction
elsewhere. I want my thirst for PD knowledge to be satisfied here

If you would like to take the discussion further, I would suggest off-line so
as not to annoy people whose attitude mirrors mine with regard to list
content.

Paul H. Lauer