From: Don McKinley <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 1:25 PM
Subject: NEW COFFEE STUDY

> WHY CAFFEINE MAY HELP CUT PARKINSON RISK
> A NUMBER OF STUDIES HAVE SUGGEST THAT COFFEE MAY HELP PREVENT PARKINSON
DISEASE.BUT NOW THERES'S SCIENIFIC DATA THAT MAY EXSPLAIN WHY RESEACHERS AT
MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL IN BOSTON SAY CAFFEINE MAY PREVENT THE LOSS
OF THECHEMICAL SIGNALTHAT'S DEPLETED IN PARKINSON DIEASE. THE REPORT INTHE
MAY 15 2001 JOURNAL OF NEUROSCIEENCE SAYS CAFFEINE AFFECTS A RECEPTOR ON
NERVECELLS THAT PRODUCE THE NEUROTRRAAANSMITTER DOPAMINE,WHICH DEGENERATE IN
PARKINSON PATIENTS.

>       CAN'T SEE MUCH MORE WHATCH FOR MORE
>
>                                                        I.Y.Q  DOM  AND
VIVIAN