Dear Marla,
I do not wish to refute you or anyone else for that matter.  I have been a
caregiver (CG) for over 13 years to my wife Barbara who passed on this past
November.  But I am staying on for a while just to be able to help others
who are going through the painful and inexorable course of this lousy
disease.  I am a former research pharmaceutical chemist retired from the
FDA.  As a experienced CG,  I also participate in that listserv directed by
the wonderful Camilla Flinterman in Ohio.  I am also the Humor editor of the
Capital Chapter of the NPF bulletin, and as a Holocaust Survivor I might
well claim humor to be a very powerful force in my mental health.  In that
context I have joined another subsection of PIEN namely SPARKLE initiated by
two of our members for the express purpose to allow PIEN to retain its
utility for discussion on Parkinson Disease.  I do try to adhere to the
original intent of each listserv, but themes broached in one can easily be
sidetracked to another.  I have been on these lists for several years and
have witnessed many uprisings and discontent among the 'campers' and I
accept the fact that there will always be some who are never satisfied.  Of
course, I can well understand that when I have a specific question any
impediments in the responses are not easily tolerated, and many times
statements made are misconstrued.
Dear Marla, you write in direct and cogent prose, but I doubt that either
your message nor mine will effectuate any change in peoples's Modus
Operandum.
With very best wishes,
Michel Margosis
'Carpe Diem'