>    Subject: (Fwd) Michael J. Fox Autoreply
>    From: Murray Charters <[log in to unmask]>
>    Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:01:51 -0700

Subject:     Michael J. Fox Autoreply
Date sent:   Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:15:27 -0400

Thank you all very much for bringing to our attention the apparent
problem on the PARKINSN LISTSERV that involves an auto-reply from
Michael J. Fox. We're checking into it now; it seems as though an
unsolicited auto-reply message (and one that has outdated and incorrect
information) has somehow been embedded in the listserv.

I am hoping that the listserv administrator and some external technical
folk we're talking to on this end can help clear up the mystery. It's
certainly puzzling to us because we long ago removed that message as
well as access to it from the Web.

Once we get to the bottom of the problem I will send a message to the
entire listserv explaining what we assume happened.

Sincerely,
Jeff Hoover
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research

It's now in good hands... murray