At 05:50 PM 7/11/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Sir/Madam:
>
>It has come to our attention recently that there may be a bug in the
>PARKINSN listserv. For some reason, upon entering the listserv many listserv
>members are receiving an auto-reply message from the Michael J. Fox
>Foundation. This message is not only inappropriate, but it contains
>inaccurate information.

Jeff the incorrect info is coming from the account of
who is a subscriber of the Parkinsn listserv. A test message to this address
yields the following reply:

>Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:14:08 -0700
>To: John Cottingham
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Thank you for your support.
>

>Thank you very much for contacting me through my web site.  My family and I
>are extremely grateful for your warm wishes and support.
>

>I am excited about the opportunity we have to cure Parkinson's disease.
>Advances in research could soon ease the burden for the more than one
million
>Americans living with Parkinson's, and achieving the cure is literally a
>matter of time. Hopefully, the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's
>Research, along with the work of other organizations, will significantly
>reduce our wait.
>

>Donations can be sent to:
>

>Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
>840 Third Street
>Santa Rosa, CA 95404
>

>Thank you again for your support.
>

>Best wishes,

Since he is a subscriber any message we forward to him from the list
autoresponds and since so many disparate people have received it without
being
once posted on the list it is a failure of that computers program which
probably replies to the person rather than to Parkinsn.

I am sorry to learn Mr. Fox doesn't read our messages but that was just an
address for solictations. I have taken steps to remove Michael J.. Fox's
subscription so that we may put this matter to rest.

'Real People' are always welcome on Parkinsn.

John Cottingham
co-owner Parkinsn