>    Subject: ATTENTION Parkinsn: There is no MJ Fox SCAM
>    From: John Cottingham
>    Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 22:48:12 -0500

On the computer we send the list messages to at [log in to unmask],
there
is a program that responds to a message sent to it. If you have posted a
message to Parkinsn you have probably received an email thanking you for
writing.

It is not a listserv problem. It is a Michael J Fox problem because list
messages are answered by his program and it picks up the return address of
whoever posts to Parkinsn or CARE if he is a member there also.

The message is an old one and lists the address and phone number they used
before they moved to where ever they are now.

This is not a scam but a faux paux on their part.

Another member, who works for a pharmaceutical company is off work and her
autoresponder message is sent to who ever posts to Parkinsn and CARE also.

I have deleted the Michael J. Fox subscription and have set the other account
to nomail so you should receive no more erroneous information as the result
of
your posting to Parkinsn.

Neither Barbara or myself have ever received a complaint about these
episodes.
It would seem that if a problem exists, the list management who has the power
to fix things, would be notified before wild hypothesis are presented on the
list. This scam business has wasted time and bandwidth.

Let's move on.

John Cottingham
co-owner Parkinsn