>    Subject: When writing our letters to the President...
>    From: Gail Vass <[log in to unmask]>
>    Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:53:11 -0500
>    Comments: To: PD Care List <[log in to unmask]>

Folks,

When writing our letters to the President, I think another angle may be
useful too.  The decision Bush will make will be one that meets his
political career goals and that's what this may come down to I'm afraid.

Rather that telling Bush that we need him to support the stem cell issue
FOR US ...... stroke his ego and tell him "what a GREAT PRESIDENT
he will be seen as in history when these dreadful diseases are cured
under his watch."    "...when this Battle is Won"     "History will  remember
his courage." Use terms like "battle" , "the enemy" and "war"  so he will
liken himself  to a  war hero like his Dad. What man wouldn't like to win
the Battle and  be the Hero of his country!

We are still trying with our Congressional reps....

Jus' thinkin'
Gail