>    Subject: Re: medical care of PD patients
>    From: "Charles T. Meyer, M.D." <[log in to unmask]>
>    Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:14:10 -0500

Camilla
     Regarding the time, I believe it is written in the Kardex and is the
"exact" time but I may be wrong.  I haven't been on that side of it in 4
years although plenty of time  (4X) since then but as a patient and all PD
related.  I think my Idea may get shot down by JCAH (JCAHO) in
accreditation issues and State Laws,  Since nurses have to be sure that the
medication given is actually taken by the patient I believe they
must  observe the patient actually swallowing the pill.    If it is
possible I would  like to see it tried on some patients. I still suggest
that the head nurse be told the necessity of meds being given exactly on time.

Charlie

http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

>                "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of
> Parkinsonians ! "
>            And visit the CARE webring at http://www.pdcaregiver.org

Charles T. Meyer, M.D.
Middleton, WI