>    Subject: FWD: MJFF Hacking (from Margaret Tuchman)
>    From: janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
>    Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:39:04 -0400
>    Comments: cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],

hi margaret

in re your message:
me too!!

it has just occurred to me that the mjff fake messages
appear to be triggered as a reply to someone
who posts a message to the pd list

they don't seem to be going out
to all listmembers as a published posting

therefore the trigger point might be at the listserver
incoming port when it receives a message to be posted

and now i'm wondering if the university of toronto
computer has been hacked...

maybe that's how the archive / database function setting got changed?
yikes, we haven't lost our access to the archives, have we?
barbara patterson?
john cottingham?

janet

ps
the fake mjff message doesn't mention donations;
it is a thank you to people who supposedly have visited their website;
and the hidden message headers refer to this website:
http://www.dnastudio.com/ .
who may or may not be mjff's webspinners

>From: "Margaret Tuchman" <[log in to unmask]>
>To:
>Cc: "The Parkinson Alliance" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MJFF Hacking
>Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:41:43 -0400
>
>Hi Deborah, Janet & List Folk,
>
>I understand that there is a question about the authenticity
>of the donation requests emanating from Santa Rosa.?
>Deborah, I am sure that you are aware of this, but just in
>case you aren't, the ever vigilant Janet and the PIENO List
>Members have sounded the alarm.
>
>To add to the variety of emails received from the "MJF
>Foundation",  I am attaching mine. I wonder how the hackers
>are
>getting their email addresses. Firewalls are obviously NOT
>enough. I wonder if Robin has an answer since PDF went
>through this just a couple of months ago?.
>
>We are working too hard to cure PD for some malicious joker
>to foul up our efforts.
>Margaret Tuchman

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky .
pd: 54/41/37 cd: 54/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask] .
snail mail: 375 Country Street, Apt 301, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0 .