Thank you, John and Barbara--the explanation was very helpful.-

John Cottingham wrote in part--

>Hello everyone:
>
>It has been a hectic weekend, the list was locked and we had one person
>placed on review.
>
>Last week through an administration snafu with the listserv, the archives
>weren't updated at the Utoronto. The archives of the last 500 messages to
>Parkinsn on P-I-E-N-O and Simon Coles archives were unaffected.
>
>One of our members took it upon theirself to repost those messages 'to
>bring the archives up to date'. In doing so, Sunday, Parkinsn exceeded the
>100 message a day limit imposed by the listserv and the list was locked.
>In other words no messages were distributed until we were advised of the
>problem the next day. No messages were lost but just delayed.
>
>The deluge of reposted messages caused the list management to set some
>subscriber accounts to nomail, since their mailboxes were full already. If
>you ever experience an interruption in your Parkinsn mail, click the mail
>management button at:
>
>http://www.parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/archive/mailopt.h
>tml
SNIPPED

Camilla Flintermann, former CG for Peter 83/70/55
                     Oxford, Ohio

           on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html
           and also at   http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

               "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
           And visit the CARE webring at http://www.pdcaregiver.org