>Hi, I'm Jodie Davies and I work as a Client Services Officer for
>Parkinson's Victoria which is based in Melbourne, Australia.
I am writing to you all  for some assistance. I have had a phone call today
from a friend of a young Parkinson's person who would like
information/advice/books or anything else that would specifically be useful
for someone who is 24years old and has had Parkinson's for 3 years.
I hope someone out there can help.  Regards, Jodie Davies

Dear Jodie---

You have received info. re: the  APDA Young Parkinson's  office.  An
additional resource might be these publications, which are very useful
though not targeted to YOPD specifically. Note that they can be ordered by
"overseas" PWPs--- They will make special arrangements to send them to
countries outside the USA ---if you follow the instructions below, which I
posted a couple of years ago to PIEN---
*****
 I inquired of the National Parkinson Foundation (Miami, Florida)   whether
their excellent pubs might be available to folks outside the USA and what
the costs would be.

 I received the following response:
        >Hello:
        >Let's try it on the honor system.
        >We will send the literature along with an invoice for the cost of
        >shipping the package.  The information as always is free.
        >Please have these requests marked somewhere (Attention: M.
Alicea/Care)

        >NPF

I would encourage listmembers to take advantage of this excellent resource.
I expect that pubs can be ordered by e-mail, so that not even a
long-distance phone call is required. The e-mail address is :

        NPF Mailbox:    <[log in to unmask]>

        Don't forget to say "Attention: M. Alicea/Care"

For your information, a few of the topics covered by their pubs are:
"Patient Perspectives on Parkinsons" by Sid & Donna Dorros,  "Practical
Pointers for Parkinsonians", "Nutrition Matters" (abridged from Kathrynne
Holden's book),  "Fitness Counts"(exercises),  "The  Parkinson Handbook--a
Guide for Patients & Families",   "Speaking Out"-( on speech & swallowing ),
"Medications"

If you are interested in a particular subject, include that in your e-mail
message and ask if they have something about it.

If some members try this, I would appreciate feedback as to how it worked,
and whether it was helpful!
*****
Many - perhaps most - of the available booklets are also
available on-line. They can be read on-line and they can
also be downloaded for future reading. To access that
material, link up to the Web-
http://www.parkinson.org .

When - after a long wait - the home-page finally gets
loaded, check the SITE DIRECTORY on the left of the screen;
click LIBRARY, then click ON-LINE PUBLICATIONS.
:
*****

Marjorie wrote:
>Yesterday I found this URL from the National Parkinson Foundation on PD
>Medications.
>>Its and excellent resource, and its set up like a book and has a complete
>>table of contents.
>>Well worth your time to read.
>>http://www.parkinson.org/medications.htm

#########

I hope this helps-- also please tell them about CARE, the sublist for
caregivers of PWPs. They can write me to ask about it.

Camilla Flintermann, former CG for Peter 83/70/55
                     Oxford, Ohio

           on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html
           and also at   http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

               "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
           And visit the CARE webring at http://www.pdcaregiver.org