On 17 Jul 2001, at 16:53, Jacob M. Drollinger wrote:

> Re: GM1
>
> Yes, but what kind of compound is it? I am assuming it is not just
> another dopamine agonist, or else it would not have any neuroprotective
> effects. Is it a growth factor? Is it a compound like the
> neuroimmunophilins, which eliminates a protein responsible for
> inhibiting nerve regeneration? What the heck is it?
>
> Jacob

Hi Jacob,
I encourage you to try the SEARCH Engine Google.

http://www.google.com/

Try typing      +GM1  +parkinson     in the SEARCH box...

Try typing      +GM1  +pubmed        in the SEARCH box...

Try typing       +GM1  +ganglioside  in the SEARCH box...

(If you just search for GM1 you will get "other" stuff...
like Genetically Modified food etc.)

Try it...  let us know if you find anything really outstanding...
Let me know if you need anything.

All the best ...... murray