Hi Elaine,
We have a dietician right here on this LIST...

Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's
disease" & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's
disease," J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/

e-mail at "Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD"

I've taken the liberty of forwarding a copy of this post
to Kathrynne.

I've read her book, met her in 3D, attended one of her excellent
presentations, and personally and entheusiastically endorse
Kathrynne's efforts and hard work on behalf of PWP.

Cheers .... murray

On 18 Jul 2001, at 21:30, Elaine War wrote:

> My boyfriend who is in the early stages of PD has a weight problem
> (overweight)  - partially as a result of emotional upheaval in his life
> (which is now in the past) and partially, we believe because of the
> medication he is taking. We feel that it is important that any diet he
> goes on should be geared toward PDs  and we understand that protein
> plays an important part. Our initial, albeit not yet thorough, search
> for a qualified nutritionist has got us nowhere. Does anyone have any
> suggestions. We live in Southern California but geography is not
> important if we can find the right person for guidance and need to
> travel for a consultation so be it.
>
> Elaine

* * *