Did anyone see Mary Tyler Moore on The View this morning?  She was there as
chairman of the Diabetes Foundation to talk about embryonic stem cell
research.  She was so eloquent and so passionate I don't see how anyone could
object to this lifesaving work!!  She explained very clearly what is involved
and made it very clear that no fetuses are involved.  She also said that the
important thing right now is regulation so that all the scientists are
working ethically and under the same rules.  She said that there are two (or
three?) "farms" right now and that since there is enough material to go on
forever since it reproduces itself.  (I hope I'm getting this right.)  She
shared a lot of information in a very short amount of time.  Of course, the
ladies agreed with her and they make very powerful advocates for any cause.
Lets just hope that she persuaded other people to change their attitudes,
since she was preaching to the choir as far as the victims of these terrible
diseases and their families are concerned.
Eleanor