that you may find interesting.
I have just been accepted as the second patient from my area to take
part in the drug study using apomorphine. Today, I have started the
anti-nausea meds and begun to track my daily diary. On Monday afternoon,
my girlfriend (who is a nurse) will take me into the doctor's office
where we will be met by my husband. It is at that time that I will get
my first injection of the apomorphine. After that-it will be up to me &
my sweet husband to give me the injections. I will keep you all posted
on the results.
This next bit is for Camilla-at my recent family day program, I asked
the deacon from my church (Catholic) to offer a nondenominational
blessing at the beginning of the talks by all of the speakers. He began
by reading your poem "A Caregiver's Litany" from Voices From The Parking
Lot. I must tell you how beautiful and poignant your words sounded.
There was not a dry eye in the house. I will snail mail you a copy of
the prayer that went with it. Thank you so much for sharing your
remarkable talent with us so that we could share it with so many others!

And finally, I have been asked by US Congressman Lane Evans and his
staff to help them to plan a fundraising event this fall! So cross your
fingers and whisper a prayer that these injections will give me the
strength to keep on keepin' on.
--
Joan E. Blessington Snyder     49/11
http://www.geocities.com/joanbsnyder/