I would like to apply two old sayings to cutting edge of technology issue of
Embryonic Stem Cells

“a picture is worth a thousand words”.

The right to life proponents have used visual imagery in  a very compelling
and effective manor.  They show a bright eyed blond little leagurer and say
that his parents almost had him aborted.  Equally as effective if not more
so are the picture of a fetus with its head and limbs beginning to form.

Well now its our turn.  I suggest that we all carry around a picture of a
human embryo after several days (see cover of Newsweek
http://www.msnbc.com/news/594355.asp ).  When the right to life proponents
proclaim that these embryos are “little people”, ask them to show you some
human features of the embryo.

If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it’s a duck.

But , it's really inverse so this saying that is applicable here.  If he
does not look like a baby and doesn’t sound like a baby,  its not a baby.

When my wife and I were busy seeing  Senators and Represenatives, we had a
very effective pitch.  make three points,  make them again and make them
aagain  .  I suggest the three points should be::

1) these fertilized eggs are going to be destroyed
2) human life begins in a woman’s womb
3) a photograph of an embryo with the challenge “show me the baby”

If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it’s a duck.

But , it's really inverse so this saying that is applicable here.  If he
does not look like a baby and doesn’t sound like a baby,  its not a baby.

The right to life proponents have used visual imagery in  a very compelling
and effective manor.  They show a bright eyed blond little leagurer and say
that his parnts almost had him aborted.  Equally as effective if not more so