At 05:04 PM 7/22/2001 -0400, you wrote:

Praise be to God!!  I am at the six year mark. Dr. Burchiel at OHSU did
mine. Prior to the Pallidotomy. I had very severe dyskinesias. I said that
must be what Hell is like. It was sure Hell. Thanks be to God for Dr.
Burchiel. I have hardly had any dyskinesia since that day in 1995.

>For those of you who have been on the Parkinson's Digest for awhile may
>remember when I had a bi-lateral pallidotomy (actually the first one
>performed to my knowledge) on Dec. 1, 1993.  It was performed by the
>brilliant, skilled, innovative, "wild and crazy," controversial Dr. Robert
>Iacono.  The only neurosurgeon who can claim over 2000 surgeries for the
>treatment of PD.  Because there was so much controversy about this surgery
>I made a commitment to the larger Parkinson's community that I would keep
>you updated with yearly reports as to my progress.  There were many who
>said that the results would only last a year or two at the most.  As if
>that would not have been worth doing for any time of relief from this
>insidious disease.  Well as you shall see I am 7.5 years out from surgery
>and still going strong.  I am recently serving as a Parkinson's Disease
>"research assistant" with Dr. Bonham in Pittsburgh, who Jim Cordy has
>called on of the most brilliant PD docs he knows.  If any of you want more
>info on the pallidotomy go to "www.pallidotomy.com" or contact me directly.
> A Fellow  Parkie,  Don Berns   Attachment Converted:
>"c:\eudora\attach\7.5YearRpt.txt"  We have a new e-mail address:

Yours and His
David L Moreland