For those of you who have been on the Parkinson's Digest for awhile may
remember when I had a bi-lateral pallidotomy (actually the first one
performed to my knowledge) on Dec. 1, 1993.  It was performed by the
brilliant, skilled, innovative, "wild and crazy," controversial Dr. Robert
Iacono.  The only neurosurgeon who can claim over 2000 surgeries for the
treatment of PD.

Because there was so much controversy about this surgery I made a
commitment to the larger Parkinson's community that I would keep you
updated with yearly reports as to my progress.  There were many who said
that the results would only last a year or two at the most.  As if that
would not have been worth doing for any time of relief from this insidious
disease.  Well as you shall see I am 7.5 years out from surgery and still
going strong.

I am recently serving as a Parkinson's Disease "research assistant" with
Dr. Bonham in Pittsburgh, who Jim Cordy has called on of the most brilliant
PD docs he knows.

If any of you want more info on the pallidotomy go to "www.pallidotomy.com"
or contact me directly.

A Fellow  Parkie,