The other night there was a feature on one of the news magazine TV shows
(maybe Primetime, or 60 Minutes 2, that gave examples of how the
pharmaceutical. companies *legally*  can delay or stop the development of
generics as their patents are close to expiration.  All they have to do is
get a NEW patent on something like the  shape of the pill, the way it
breaks (into 1/2 or 1/3) etc---and the courts AUTOMATICALLY delay the
generics for two and a half YEARS !   This is outrageous !
There's a bill in Congress to stop this automatic delay--I THINK it may be
co-sponsored by McCain.  If anyone knows more about it, please post the
info so there can be some advocacy from our community.

Camilla Flintermann, former CG for Peter 83/70/55
                     Oxford, Ohio

           on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html
           and also at   http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

               "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
           And visit the CARE webring at http://www.pdcaregiver.org